Sunday, August 31, 2008

Best Purchase Ever


I am a nerd for "Jurassic Park" like Oprah is a nerd for cake. So when I found out that Sideshow Collectibles was making models based on the film, I whipped out my credit card and gave in to the consumer impulse that President Bush said will help us win the war on terror.

The first piece is based on the climactic scene where the T-Rex kills two Raptors in the Visitor's Center. The "Exclusive Edition" with the "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" banner was already sold out, but I was more than happy to go with the standard model. 

Check out the detail on the Raptor in T-Rex's mouth. I love how the tongue is sticking out in a final death scream. Those Raptors had it coming anyway ... what with hunting kids and all.

If you'd like your own, head to www.sideshowcollectibles.com. It's limited to a series of 750, so order now!

There are more pieces on the way, which means I better start saving. I'm sure my girlfriend will love the flair they bring to the apartment. 

No comments: